we have the winners in the RAZOR & TIE ELP Vinyl Contest, (no more emails please, the contest is over!)
The Winners are:
Rachel N. from Royersford, PA
Dennis C. from Lake Mary, FL
Congratulations to Rachel and Dennis fron the CVR blog, and look for more contests coming soon!!
as a fan i know that AC/DC remain one of the few big bands in the world who refuse to sell their music via iTunes, preferring fans to buy entire albums. that said, we have some vinyl news to get to!
AC/DC To Release Live 3 LP Vinyl Set
AC/DC Live At River Plate Available November 20
FIRST LIVE ALBUM IN 20 YEARS
Press Release: Columbia Records
Released in 2011, the AC/DC Live at River Plate DVD detailed the fan excitement of AC/DC's arrival in Argentina and documented the construction of their massive stage production. The DVD debuted at #1 in 17 countries and cemented the fact that fans just cannot get enough of AC/DC. Clips of "Thunderstruck" and "Shoot To Thrill" from AC/DC Live at River Plate have garnered 14 million and 22 million views respectively on YouTube. To date AC/DC's videos have over 72 million views online, with an average 600,000 views per week.
AC/DC Live At River Plate is available for pre-order at www.ACDC.com.
1. Rock N Roll Train
2. Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be
3. Back In Black
4. Big Jack
5. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
6. Shot Down In Flames
8. Black Ice
9. The Jack
10. Hells Bells
11. Shoot To Thrill
12. War Machine
13. Dog Eat Dog
14. You Shook Me All Night Long
16. Whole Lotta Rosie
17. Let There Be Rock
18. Highway To Hell
19. For Those About To Rock (We Salute You)
Led Zeppelin - Celebration Day
Audio And Video From Legendary 2007 Concert To Be Available In Multiple Configurations On November 19
Concert Slated For Global Theatrical Release On October 17
Although 20 million people applied for tickets, the band’s first headline show in 27 years was seen only by the 18,000 ticket holders who were fortunate enough to have secured seats through the worldwide lottery.
The film of Celebration Day will see a worldwide theatrical release by Omniverse Vision on 1,500 screens in over 40 territories on October 17. The theatrical screenings will follow premieres in London, Los Angeles, New York, and other major cities. Tickets for the public screenings will be available on September 13 via www.ledzeppelin.com.
Celebration Day will then be available in multiple video and audio formats on November 19 from Swan Song/Atlantic Records. Specific product details will be announced soon.
AN ALL STAR TRIBUTE TO THE WHO
1. "Eminence Front" featuring John Wetton (Asia), K.K. Downing (Judas Priest), Derek Sherinian (Dream Theater)
2. "Baba O’Riley" featuring Nektar, Jerry Goodman (Mahavishnu Orchestra)
3. "I Can See for Miles" featuring Mark Lindsay (Paul Revere & the Raiders), Wayne Kramer (MC5)
4. "Love Reign O’er Me" featuring Joe Elliot (Def Leppard), Rick Wakeman (Yes), Huw Lloyd-Langton (Hawkwind), Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge)
5. "My Generation" featuring Knox (The Vibrators), Dave Davies (The Kinks), Rat Scabies (The Damned)
6. "The Kids Are Alright" featuring the Ravonettes
7. "Won't Get Fooled Again" featuring Sweet
8. "Anyway Anyhow Anywhere" featuring Todd Rundgren, Carmine Appice (Vanilla Fudge)
9. "I Can't Explain" featuring Iggy Pop
10. "Behind Blue Eyes" featuring Pat Travers
11. "Magic Bus" featuring Peter Noone (Herman’s Hermits), Peter Banks (Yes), Ginger Baker (Cream)
12. "Who Are You" featuring Gretchen Wilson, Randy Bachman (Bachman-Turner Overdrive)
13. "Pinball Wizard" featuring Terry Reid, Mike Pinera (Blues Image), Brad Gillis (Night Ranger)
14. "Squeeze Box" featuring John Wesley (Porcupine Tree), David Cross (King Crimson)
15. "Bargain" featuring .38 Special, Ted Turner (Wishbone Ash), Ian Paice (Deep Purple)
16. "The Seeker" featuring Joe Lynn Turner (Rainbow), Leslie West (Mountain)
GLENN HUGHES And DAVID COVERDALE To Commemorate 40th Anniversary Of DEEP PURPLE's 'Burn'?
Former DEEP PURPLE bassist/vocalist Glenn Hughes tells CBS Local that he has been in touch with the band's ex-lead singer, David Coverdale, about doing something special to commemorate the 40th anniversary of the "Burn" album. He says, "David and I have talked about this weekly since [former DEEP PURPLE keyboardist] Jon [Lord] died [in July]. How we can do something to keep the flame burning. But we don't want to hinder the heritage of the band. Some bands get back together and sound bloody awful. It's the 40th anniversary of 'Burn' next year. I'm not giving you a hint to something that's gonna happen, but you just never know."
Read the rest at Blabbermouth
in an earlier post we touched on the documentary Last Shop Standing. here's is more info, judge for yourself!
Did Major Labels Kill Vinyl? Plus: Vinyl-Only EP Label, 3D Printing Fisher Price Discs
this from the land down under, they too have the documentary in mind:
Did Record Labels Sabotage Vinyl On Purpose?
Meet Ken Sarafin, one of Denver's most talented digital illustrators and album cover artists
being a life-long john lennon fan, it is a very interesting part of his life, well worth the time to read!
John Lennon’s Island for Sale as Irish Unpick Property Boom
VinatgeVinylNews has this gem:
Buddy Guy and Led Zeppelin Among Those to Receive the Kennedy Honors
in another part of the world, a phtographer gets his due, the exhibition of Henry Diltz’s album covers and snapshots of music legends chronicles the history of 1970s West Coast rock ‘n’ roll.
The pinnacle of rock photography