from our friends at SoundStageDirect
Monty Python's Total Rubbish (Pre-Order) by Monty Python
Following the release of Monty Python Sings (again), the Pythons will also unveil a career spanning box set entitled Monty Python’s Total Rubbish: The Complete Collection. Monty Python’s nine UK albums – "Monty Python’s Flying Circus", "Another Monty Python Record", "Monty Python’s Previous Record", "Matching Tie and Handkerchief", "Live at Drury Lane", "Holy Grail", "Life of Brian", "Monty Python’s Contractual Obligation Album" and "The Meaning Of Life" - will be united for the first time to create the ultimate collectors’ edition purchase. Released as both a CD and vinyl box set, all with bonus tracks, plus seven-inch vinyl single of their 1974 flexi-disc ‘Monty Python’s Tiny Black Round Thing‘. These classic albums were cut with an all analogue signal path from the original 1/4" master tapes where available. Both editions also contain a case bound book with new liner notes with a foreword by Michael Palin, original Monty Python artwork, archive photos and an original Terry Gilliam-designed full colour slipcase.
- Cut At Abbey Road With An All Analogue Signal Path From The Original ¼ Inch Master Tapes Where Available
- Including The Original, Revolutionary ‘Concentric Groove’ On Side B Of Matching Tie And Handkerchief
- Heavyweight Vinyl Seven Inch Single Of The 1974 Flexi-disc ‘Monty Python’s Tiny Black Round Thing’
- 64-page Case Bound Book With Foreword By Michael Palin And Liner Notes By Python Confidant Robert Ross From New Interviews With All The Pythons
- Original Monty Python Artwork And Archive Photos
- Housed In An Original Terry Gilliam-Designed Full Color Slipcase
Frozen Original Soundtrack (Pre-Order) by Various Artists
Walt Disney Animation Studios, the studio behind "Tangled" and "Wreck-It Ralph," presents "Frozen," a stunning big-screen comedy adventure. Fearless optimist Anna (voice of Kristen Bell) sets off on an epic journey—teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff (voice of Jonathan Groff) and his loyal reindeer Sven—to find her sister Elsa (voice of Idina Menzel), whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.
- Three Color Vinyl LPs - 1 Side Of Vinyl Etched, 2 Blue Translucent And 1 Clear Translucent
- Double-Gatefold, Foil Embossed Jacket
- Full-Color Booklet Containing Lyrics And Gallery Quality Images From The Film
- Individually Numbered Package
This Week's Bestselling Vinyl Records at SoundStageDirect
1. Hans Zimmer - Batman Begins OST (Pre-Order)
2, Ray Parker Jr. - Ghostbusters (Pre-Order)
3. Jack White - Lazaretto (Pre-Order)
4. The Mars Volta - Amputechture (Pre-Order)
5. Vince Guaraldi Trio - Jazz Impressions Of "A Boy Named Charlie Brown"
6. Led Zeppelin I (Deluxe Edition) (Pre-Order) (On Sale)
7. Led Zeppelin II (Pre-Order)
8. MFSL Original Master Record Sleeves (50)
9. Led Zeppelin II (Deluxe Edition) (Pre-Order) (On Sale)
10. Coldplay - Ghost Stories
from our friends at EnjoyTheRideReocrds
CARTEL- CHROMA (ETR Webstore Exclusive Variant)
We are proud to announce our Vinyl Re-issue of Cartel - Chroma on vinyl for the FIRST TIME! Pressed on Clear with Red Splatter (Limited to 500 copies and ETR webstore exclusive) Housed in an Upgraded EXTRA THICK "old school" Gatefold Jacket complete with lyrics and Full Color Gatefold Jacket & Labels
Pressing Limited to 1000 TOTAL COPIES (Hot Topic will have 500 copies on Solid Red available sometime in the next 2 weeks)
Order at EnjoyTheRideRecords
Iggy Pop – Gimme Some Skin – (The 7” LP Collection)
Cleopatra Records has released a special limited edition 7-inch singles box set from one of the kings of punk rock, Iggy Pop! The release includes 7 individual 45's featuring exclusive new tracks as well as classic recordings from 1972-73 with the Stooges - all packaged with a full-color booklet, detailed liner notes, a custom 7-inch vinyl adaptor, and collectible patch! Seven singles, fourteen sides. The Stooges and Iggy in their prime!
1. I Can't Explain / Lonely Boy
2. Cock In My Pocket / Tight Pants
3. I Got A Right / White Christmas (Guitar Stooge Mix)
4. Money (That's What I Want) / Open Up And Bleed (Single Edit)
5. I Wanna Be Your Dog (Fast Version) / Johanna
6. Gimme Some Skin / I'm So Glad
7. Louie Louie / Scene Of The Crime
City Of The Living Dead – Deluxe gatefold edition
Death Waltz Recording Company have been hard at work exhuming a true classic of horror scoring, and the result stands out like a nail through an eyeball. Directed by gorehound favourite Lucio Fulci, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD’s incredible score comes from a true master of ferocious film music, Fabio Frizzi (THE BEYOND, ZOMBI 2), and provides a sonic experience not easily put down. All the ingredients you’d imagine are here: eerie synth lines, horrific violins, and the funkiest bass known to man or zombie – and Frizzi uses them to maximum effect to overwhelm the listener like the hordes of undead they score.
What Frizzi does so easily is make the instruments into weapons to assault your senses, and as such CITY is an intense aural journey, but certainly not one that’ll have you reaching for the off switch. The score is mesmerising with some moments of true beauty, not least in the instrumentation. Electric guitar in particular is used wonderfully to provide colour, and both real and electric pianos add a certain foreboding mood to the score. And then there’s that portentous male choir, always there in the background, waiting. Like the zombies themselves, it’s omnipresent and a symbol of inevitability. And it’s inevitable that you will adore CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD.
DELUXE GATEFOLD EDITION LTD TO 350 WORLDWIDE
180g solid yellow swirl vinyl with orange and red splatter effect. Vinyl housed in a heavyweight tip-on, case-bound gatefold jacket printed on beautiful textured Galtex Prima card containing an exclusive full colour booklet with liner notes by Composer Fabio Frizzi , Star Lombardo Giovanni Radice, Italian horror expert Stephen Thrower and Artist Graham Humphreys wrapped in an OBI strip.
One off pressing of 350 units when this has sold out the only version available will be black vinyl in a single 400 gsm heavyweight sleeve (no gatefold).
R.E.M. Unplugged RSD Release To Be Reissued
This straight from the REM FB page:
"Due to Popular Demand...
Well, the Limited Edition Record Store Day release of R.E.M. Unplugged 1991/2001, The Complete Sessions, was quite a hit for those who were able to get one. So as a result, we are working on details for two separate vinyl releases: MTV Unplugged 1991 and MTV Unplugged 2001. Each vinyl release will feature the entire performance, including the additional songs not aired on the original broadcast.
Further details to be a announced as soon as we have them."
this is great news for those who didn't get the RSD set!
available from ThrillJockey
TRANS AM - VOLUME X
From kosmische rock to futuristic speed metal, robo-balladry to variants on classic rock that are so warped as to be rendered completely unrecognizable, Trans Am refuses to rely on A legacy as innovators. Twenty-plus years in, they continue to innovate on their tenth studio album.
Phil, Nathan, and Seb are hitting the road again, pounding eardrums and bringing the love from east coast to west. We recommend you catch 'em on tour and grab your clear vinyl at the merch table, but if you can't make it, here is one way you can Come a Little Bit Closer... get it DIRECT from Thrill Jockey mailorder! Clear vinyl is moving fast!
Get the clear vinyl HERE
Back to Land - Wooden Shjips
Wooden Shjips’ rise to prominence from the psychedelic underground to the rock and roll overground has been a steady sojourn. With each consecutive release, the band has found new ways of transforming heady psychedelic rock into minimalist masterpieces, bridging the gap between the woozy freeness of Les Rallizes Denudes and Crazy Horse and the tightly wound simplicity of Suicide and the Velvet Underground. Back To Land, the quartet’s follow-up to West, is the first Wooden Shjips record to be conceived outside of San Francisco. Ripley Johnson and Omar Ahsanuddin moved to Oregon, where the lush climates became a major influence on the songwriting. The band’s scope expanded to include more earthy, grounded tones, such as the acoustic guitar, without abandoning their modernist psych core.
There is an increased brightness to many of the songs on Back To Land, an easiness with which the band has flirted with in the past but never fully realized until now. The nervy urgency of West has evolved into an assured confidence, from the alliterative, interlocking guitar and organ groove of “Ruins” to the languidly compelling guitar solos of “Servants.” The addition of the acoustic guitar to the band’s textural palate is coupled here with some of the most melodically direct songs the band has written.
Still, there are still plenty of signature Shjips songs, with distorted riffs, modal keys, and a steady, crisp drum sound unfolding intensely while the elongated melodic guitar lines drift in and out of the foreground. On Back to Land this energy is captured in clear detail, designed as an immersive experience rather than a passive blasting. Back To Land was laid to tape at Jackpot Recording Studios in Portland by Kendra Lynn and mixed by Larry Crane. It was recorded over an 11-day session, resulting in some of the most detailed and spacious recordings of their career.
Back To Land is a breakthrough record for the Wooden Shjips: nuanced, varied and utterly addictive.
LP version is pressed on virgin vinyl and packaged in a gatefold jacket with high gloss UV printing that is housed in a deluxe die cut O-Card. A free download coupon is included. All mailorders now shipping on white vinyl.
Order the white vinyl HERE
from our friends at NewOnVinyl
SOUNDTRACK (OST)- GODZILLA -LTD
In Summer 2014, the world's most revered monster is reborn when the epic action adventure Godzilla is released, starring Bryan Cranston and Ken Watanabe. Its score is composed and conducted by Alexandre Desplat (The King's Speech, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, and the final two Harry Potter films).
Orginal Sound Track to Godzilla (2014) by Alexandre Desplat. Limited edition only 1500 on Blood red 180 gram vinyl. Double LP. Gatefold sleeve. Including 60 x 60 poster. Release on 2014-06-09
Get your copy at NewOnVinyl
Prog Masters YES Reveal Heaven & Earth Artwork
Among the world’s most influential, ground-breaking, and respected progressive rock bands, Grammy Award winning, YES, is proud to announce its new album, ‘Heaven and Earth.’ Having sold nearly 40 million albums in a career that has so far spanned more than four decades, ‘Heaven and Earth’ sees YES continuing with its tradition of symphonic progressive rock that remains timelessly fresh and innovative.
‘Heaven and Earth’ contains eight new tracks, each of which boasts the unique musicianship and craftsmanship that have come to be known as ‘the YES sound.’ YES’ distinctive layered music, swirling arrangements, brilliant vocals and harmonies are all in abundance. ‘Heaven and Earth’ is an album sure to please both long-time and new YES fans.
For ‘Heaven and Earth,’ YES teams up with legendary Grammy Award winner, Roy Thomas Baker (Queen, The Cars, Guns N’ Roses, Foreigner, Smashing Pumpkins, Alice Cooper, etc.), who handles production and mixing.
Also onboard is long-time YES artist, the world-renowned Roger Dean, who again brings his masterful artistic creativity to the album’s cover art and packaging.
Pink Floyd to Release 20th Anniversary Edition of ‘The Division Bell’
Amazon's Top Ten Best Selling Vinyl
1. Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe Edition Remastered) ~ Led Zeppelin
2. XSCAPE ~ Michael Jackson
3. Led Zeppelin II (Deluxe Edition Remastered) ~ Led Zeppelin
4. St Vincent ~ St. Vincent
5. the long goodbye (lcd soundsystem) ~ LCD Soundsystem
6. And Then You Shoot Your Cousin ~ The Roots
7. Led Zeppelin III (Remastered Original) ~ Led Zeppelin
8. Violator (180 Gram Vinyl) ~ Depeche Mode
9. Lost In The Dream ~ The War on Drugs
10. Led Zeppelin I (Remastered Original) ~ Led Zeppelin
Amazon's Top Ten Best Selling Music
1. Ghost Stories ~ Coldplay
2. XSCAPE ~ Michael Jackson
3. Turn Blue ~ The Black Keys
4. Unplugged 1991/2001: The Complete Sessions ~ R.E.M.
5. Frozen 2 Disc Deluxe Edition Soundtrack ~ Demi Lovato
6. Just As I Am ~ Brantley Gilbert
7. Led Zeppelin III (Deluxe CD Edition) ~ Led Zeppelin
8. Disney's Karaoke Series: Frozen ~ Disney Karaoke Series
9. Goin' Home ~ Kenny Wayne Shepherd
10. Led Zeppelin I (Deluxe CD Edition) ~ Led Zeppelin
GRIMEY'S BEST SELLERS 5/12 - 5/18, 2014
Vinyl Top 25:
1. The Black Keys - Turn Blue
2. Sturgill Simpson - Metamodern Sounds In Country Music
3. The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
4. Tobacco - Ultima II Massage
5. Beck - Morning Phase
6. Ray Lamontagne - Supernova
7. Yo La Tengo - Fakebook
8. Swans - To Be Kind
9. Dolly Parton - Blue Smoke
10. The Clientele - Suburban Light
11. La Sera - Hour Of The Dawn
12. Damon Albarn - Everyday Robots
13. Neil Young - A Letter Home
14. Nickel Creek - A Dotted Line
15. Thelonious Monk - Underground
16. The Shins - Live At Third Man
17. Chromeo - White Women
18. Manchester Orchestra - Cope
19. Vince Guaraldi - Jazz Impressions of 'A Boy Named Charlie Brown'
20. The Civil Wars - Live At Eddie's Attic
21. Mumford & Sons - Sigh No More
22. The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds
23. Courtney Barnett - Double EP: A Sea of Split Peas
24. Pains Of Being Pure At Heart - Days Of Abandon
25. Chris Robinson Brotherhood - Phosphorescent Harvest
Top Sellers at BecauseSoundMatters
1. Mastodon - Once More ‘Round The Sun 2LP Vinyl
2. The Orwells - Righteous One 12-inch Vinyl Single (RSD release)
3. Cute Is What We Aim For - Rotation (Blue Colored Vinyl)
4. The Black Keys - Turn Blue Vinyl
5. My Chemical Romance - May Death Never Stop You Vinyl + DVD
6. Mastodon - The Hunter Vinyl
7. Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends Vinyl LP
8. Mastodon - Blood Mountain Vinyl LP
9. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C. Vinyl 2xLP
10. LP - Forever For Now Vinyl + Poster Bundle
for shits and giggles:
Classic Album Covers....With Cats!
album cover art of the day:
Demonic Resurrection Unveils "The Demon King" Album Art