LED ZEPPELIN - FIRST THREE ALBUMS NEWLY REMASTERED
The First Three Albums Newly Remastered, Each With An Additional Disc Of Previously Unreleased Companion Audio. Multiple CD, Vinyl, And Digital Formats, Including A Super Deluxe Boxed Set, Available June 3.
No matter how many times you may have listened to their music, you've never heard Led Zeppelin like this before.
Beginning with the June 3 release of deluxe editions of Led Zeppelin, Led Zeppelin II, and Led Zeppelin III, the band will launch an extensive reissue program of all nine of its studio albums in chronological order, each remastered by guitarist and producer Jimmy Page. Led Zeppelin will also open its vaults to share dozens of unheard studio and live recordings, with each album featuring a second disc of companion audio comprised entirely of unreleased music related to that album.
"The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording of Led Zeppelin," says Page. "It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions, and new material recorded at the time."
Pre-Order Led Zeppelin 1 HERE
Pre-Order Led Zeppelin 2 HERE
Pre-Order Led Zeppelin 3 HERE
Daughter of Everything - Vertical Scratchers
Vertical Scratchers is John Schmersal (ex-Brainiac/Enon, live Caribou, and Crooks on Tape) and Christian Beaulieu (ex-Triclops!/Anywhere).
One of the most persistent elements you will hear throughout the record is the percussive nature in which the guitars were played and recorded. Guitar playing is vertical scratching, and in this band, the guitar strums are almost louder than the amps. Most Vertical Scratchers songs clock in under the two-minute mark but often go in twice as many directions as your average-length song. Pop deception. Think the Kinks with a Buzzcocks brevity.
Daughter of Everything was recorded live in Los Angeles at The Smell in September of 2012. The special guest appearance lead vocal from Robert Pollard was recorded at Waterloo Sound in Ohio by Todd Tobias.
Orders will include a Vertical Scratchers guitar pick while supplies last.
Order a vinyl copy HERE
THE WORLDWIDE LIST OF RECORD STORE DAY 2014 RELEASES
from our friends at SlyVinyl
Suicide Squeeze - Fort George // Limited to 1000 Maber Beer 7"s
Sister Crystals – S/T // Limited to 500 Bone Coloured Vinyl LP
This Awesome DIY Machine Cuts Vinyl Records In Mere Minutes
L7's 'Bricks Are Heavy' to Receive Vinyl Reissue
Kung Fu Records to reissue a bunch of Ataris records on vinyl
'Gravity' Score to See Vinyl Release via Mondo
GRIMEY'S BEST SELLERS 3/03 - 3/09, 2014
Vinyl Top 25:
1. Real Estate - Atlas
2. Drive-By Truckers - English Oceans
3. Manchester Orchestra - Every Stone 7"
4. Natural Child - Dancin' With Wolves
5. Johnny Cash - American IV: The Man Comes Around
6. Johnny Cash - American III: Solitary Man
7. Sunn O))) & Ulver - Terrestrials
8. Stone Jack Jones - Ancestor
9. Daniel Ellsworth & The Great Lakes - Kid Tiger
10. Johnny Cash - American Recordings
11. Broken Bells - After The Disco
12. Parker Millsap - Parker Millsap
13. St Paul & The Broken Bones - Half The City
14. Divine Fits - Live At Third Man
15. Various - Warfaring Strangers: Darkscorch Canticles
16. Johnny Cash - American II: Unchained
17. The National - Trouble Will Find Me
18. The Men - Tomorrow's Hits
19. Temples - Sun Structures
20. Natural Child - Live In Birmingham
21. Haim - Days Are Gone
22. Nick Waterhouse - Holly
23. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
24. Dum Dum Girls - Too True
25. Johnny Cash - American VI: Ain't No Grave
DUST BOLT: 'Awake The Riot' Album Details Revealed