5 Must Have LPs From Record Store Day's Black Friday Event
1. Cheap Trick - The Classic Albums 1977-79 – (Vinyl Box Set) One of America’s all-time greatest rock bands, Cheap Trick, released their first five ground-breaking records within a two year period. The Classic Albums 1977-1979 (LP box set) includes these incredible and influential albums, remastered from the original analog tapes (in 2013), packaged in original LP artwork, housed in a newly designed, limited, numbered LP box. Albums Included: Cheap Trick, In Color, Heaven Tonight, Live Budokan, Dream Police
2. Flaming Lips – Peace Sword (LP) Six tracks created for the Ender's Game soundtrack, with a bonus track, "Assassin Beetle--The Dream Is Ending" exclusive to the physical vinyl and CD
3. Jimi Hendrix Experience – Fire/Foxy Lady (7” Vinyl) Two tracks from their set at the Miami Pop Festival 1968
4. Metallica – Through the Never Soundtrack Special Edition (LP) 45rpm vinyl 4LP 180gram Limited Edition, numbering style 0001/4000.
To see the full list of 2013 ‘Black Friday’ Releases, please visit RecordStoreDay
UK ROCKERS DEAF HAVANA’S DEBUT U.S. ALBUM – OLD SOULS – TO BE RELEASED ON JANUARY 21, 2014
(RAZOR & TIE)
PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM NOW HERE
Band To Embark On First U.S. Tour With Ash In 2014
(New York, NY) – UK Rockers Deaf Havana will release their first official U.S. album, Old Souls, on January 21, 2014 through Razor & Tie. Produced by the incomparable YOUTH (U2, The Verve, Primal Scream, The Orb) along with Lee Batiuk, Old Souls is available for pre-order now HERE).
Old Souls is packed full of gut-busting anthems, tear-inducing ballads and everything in between. The follow-up to their #1 UK Rock album Fools and Worthless Liars, the album has sold 35,000 to date. Old Souls was released September 16th on BMG Chrysalis in the U.K. debuting #1 on the U.K. Rock Chart, and Top 10 on the overall U.K. Album Chart.
Old Souls first single, “Boston Square”, has been called “The Hottest Record in the World” by BBC Radio 1 DJ Zane Lowe. The accompanying video has had over 250,000 streams to date, and the band has an overall 4.5 million YouTube views of their videos. Over the summer, the band performed a string of sold-out U.K. dates, including two Union Chapel shows, a Leeds Festival performance, opened for Bruce Springsteen & The E-Street Band at the Hard Rock Calling, and opened for MUSE in Germany. They are currently in the midst of a headlining U.K. Tour that wraps up October 25.
Deaf Havana is James Veck-Gilodi (Vocals, Guitar), Chris Pennells (Guitar), Lee Wilson (Bass), Tom Ogden (Drums), Max Britton (Keyboard) and guitarist and Matthew Veck-Gilodi (Guitar, Vocals).
from our friends at Ripple-Music
GRIFTER: New Album Completed; Title & Tracks Revealed
Ass kickin', booty shakin', whiskey rock 'n' rollers GRIFTER have announced their new album is all mixed and mastered, artwork is being completed now and everything will be delivered to Ripple Music for release early in 2014. The album will be called 'The Return Of The Bearded Brethren' and will feature the following tracks.
1. Black Gold
2. She Mountain
3. Paranoiac Blues
4. Princess Leia
5. Bow Down To The Monkey
6. Braggard's Boast
7. It's Not Me It's You
8. Fire Water
9. The Return Of the Bearded Brethren
10. Fairies Wear Boots (Black Sabbath cover)
The Return Of The Bearded Brethren will be released on CD, download and vinyl including a limited run of Black & Cream Guinness Splatterwax. GRIFTER will also be working on shows to support the album's release and the band's 10th anniversary. Details to come.
And finally, GRIFTER will also be running a competition via their Facebook page once they hit 3,000 likes based around the new album so head over, like the page and start growing your beards! facebook.com/grifterrock
In the meantime, here's a video of the band playing a cover of the classic Black Sabbath track 'Fairies Wear Boots' earlier this year at Bloodstock Open Air. Check out the video HERE
GRIFTER's critically-hailed, self-titled debut is available at ripplemusic.bigcartel.com.
Third Man Records to reveal their titillating, heat-sensitive 7″ for Halloween
Johnny Jewel's Symmetry Reissue The Messenger on Vinyl/
The So So Glos to reissue early, out-of-print records
Thirty Tigers May Not Be A Label But They Sure Put Out A Bunch Of Records
Amazing photos of a time when cars had vinyl record players
sad story about a man dedicated to vinyl:
EUGENE, Ore. -- Getting to spend hours digging through countless crates packed full of records is one of the reasons why many local vinyl lovers put the Eugene Record Convention on their calendar a year in advance.
Bob Marley, John Lennon Make Forbes’ Top Earning Dead Celebrities List
AXEL RUDI PELL: 'Into The Storm' Cover Artwork, Track Listing Revealed
Skull Fist To Release New Album "Chasing The Dream"
The 50 worst album covers of 2013
Old School Vinyl Records Recycled Into Nostalgic Retro Lamps