Saturday, May 24, 2008

Be Your Own Pet Sophomore Album Release

Be Your Own Pet


Three tracks that were removed from the North American version of Nashville, Tenn. punk band Be Your Own Pet's Get Awkward sophomore album because they were "too violent" will be released next month.

The three-song Get Damaged EP will be released digitally through XL Recordings on June 3 and will hit store shelves on June 24 as a limited-edition seven-inch vinyl record. XL issued Get Awkward's international version, which included "Betty," "Black Hole" and "Blow Yr Mind." Something prompted Universal to deem the tracks' lyrics too violent and they were removed from the album's North American version when it was released by Universal imprint Ecstatic Peace in March.

"I guess that's just what happens when you decide to have something to do with a major label," singer Jemina Pearl told Washington Square News in February before the album was released. "They're going to be scared of anything that's not completely cookie cutter.

"Like, maybe I would be a very violent person if I didn't have the chance to sing about what I want to sing about and express things I want and it's definitely helped me from being a destructive person in my life. And I think tons of people relate to that, so it's kind of frustrating that they want to censor me or whatever."

Source: www.ChartAttack.com

No comments: