Friday, September 5, 2008

Who's In Your Five?


I just received an email from famed vinyl artist Daniel Edlen. He is running a promotion on his blog, here are the details:

Who's In Your Five?

So I decided to do a couple more for Primitive Kool's "dead rocker" show this September. Along with Randy Rhoads and Jim Morrison, I'd love to do Bradley Nowell but Sublime vinyl is seriously expensive!

My wife and I were talking about the idea of collections. I've got my EC going, but that's restricted to the albums I received from one person. Knowing that you guys like making lists, my wife thought it'd be cool to get you involved in picking who I paint. In return you'd get a discount for pieces on your list. What do you think?

Here's how I'll work it. If you're interested in seeing me paint your favorites, leave a comment on this post with your top 5 bands or musicians. If you feel chatty, you can tell me why those are your top choices. If you feel really chatty, have a blog, and want to give me extra incentive to paint ones on your list, then do a post on your blog about your favorites and what my artwork means to you. I'm a sucker when visitors get involved!

Then I'll get to work painting as many as I can, barring huge difficulties in finding albums, and I'll post about them here. If I paint one on your list and you want to buy it, I'll give you 15% off (a little more than $25). Sound good?

So stop on by Daniel's blog and fill in your Top Five:

http://vinylart.blogspot.com/2008/08/whos-in-your-five.html





Creating portraits of musicians on their original record albums, Daniel honors the music we all now listen to mostly on CD or MP3. He uses white acrylic to bring the face out of the shadows of the grooves and capture the spirit of the subject. Daniel's Vinyl Art gives people a way to say, "This is my music, my culture."


Daniel's Website: http://www.vinylart.info/why.htm

No comments: