Sunday, September 6, 2009

My Opinion

Went to eBay yesterday to look around. I saw 2,223,754 results found for vinyl records with over 44,000 pages to look through under the "Buy It Now" category.

I think people ought to get off the 'vinyl record train' who have no clue as to what they are doing. I saw so many overpriced records, do people really think they can sell a Barry Manilow LP for $10? Are some of the items really 'rare' or is that just a given? I mean, c'mon, don't put that word by some old Johnny Mathis records. I think they should limit the use of that word somehow, I mean every record isn't 'rare' or 'hard to find.' Goodness, if this is true, then I have a whole crateful or two of 'rare, hard to find' records sitting in my basement waiting to go to Goodwill.

Come to think of it, I will just stay away from eBay and buy my records from reputable vinyl record dealers who know what they are doing - instead of the non-informed sellers who want to strike it rich selling overpriced vinyl. At least then, maybe I can find a rare record priced correctly. And don't get me started about the grading or mis-grading that is a very common occurance.

Now I know why it has been a month or so since I last went there, it's just plain silly. I also have a good indication why a lot of Power Sellers I know are packing up shop and going elsewhere, it nothing but a big-oversized conglomerated mess full of inexperienced sellers.


Here's an interesting video amde a few months back when everyone was realizing, hey vinyl records are selling again!

Record Profits – Vinyl On Track To Make A Recession Comeback

No comments: