Friday, November 27, 2009

Music News & Notes

Bankrupt former Radio 1 DJ Mike Read to sell music collection

A fully loaded, 1950s Rock-Ola jukebox belonging to the former Radio 1 DJ Mike Read, will go up for auction next week as he sells off a record and music memorabilia collection worth more than $1.6 million.

His 120,000 vinyl records spanning five decades are being billed as the most defining collection of its kind, while his memorabilia includes personal letters from the world’s top artists.

Read, 62, dubbed the Simon Cowell of the 1970s and 1980s, was forced to hand over his collection after he was declared bankrupt for the second time in February.

=============================

Could Ronnie Wood's 20-year-old girlfriend be letting the cat out of the bag on a 2010 tour by the Rolling Stones? Britain's Sun says that Ekaterina Ivanova has been saying more than she should.

"She's not supposed to talk about it, things haven't been finalized but she couldn't resist telling a few friends."

Wood has also told the British papers that he has been in contact with Mick Jagger and Charlie Watts which could also be an indication of an impending road trip. Better have a cardiologist or two handy....

=============================

Crue Taking Time Off

Motley Crue is taking 2010 off to work on individual projects. Lead Vince Neil told Fox News:

"I go out and do my solo record and tour (and) I’ve got a book coming out. 2010 is my year. I’m writing about all the stuff you don’t know about.” Well. isn't that special...

=============================

No Eurythmics Reunion

Annie Lennox say we shouldn't be looking for a Eurythmics reunion:

"I'm not really keen on comebacks. Eurythmics was an incredible thing. When I look back on that work, I feel very satisfied by it but I'm not in that headspace now. I'm 54, I have teenagers. What's always been important to me is not struggling to keep going round the same groove. I want to go forwards, and I want to take risks."

No comments: