Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Music News & Notes

Steven Tyler Enters Rehab

It seems that all the troubles that Tyler has experienced in the last few weeks, now have a cause. Aerosmith's Steven Tyler has checked into rehab to kick painkillers and made it clear that he still considers himself a member of the band.

Tyler released a statement yesterday, stating "With the help of my family and team of medical professionals, I am taking responsibility for the management of my pain and am eager to be back on the stage and in the recording studio with my bandmates Joe Perry, Joey Kramer, Tom Hamilton and Brad Whitford.

"I love Aerosmith; I love performing as the lead singer in Aerosmith. I am grateful for all of the support and love I am receiving and am committed to getting things taken care of."

Tyler also talked further with Rolling Stone on the band. "I wish to set the record straight and say that I have read reports of a rumored two-year hiatus and want to be clear that this is completely false and I will enthusiastically be writing, recording and performing with Aerosmith as soon as things are handled."

Over the past ten years, Tyler has been treated for numerous injuries and ailments and, according to his doctors, will still need additional surgery on his knees and feet to try to aleve the chronic pain.

=======================

James Gurley of Big Brother and the Holding Company Passes Away

James Gurley, guitarist for Big Brother and the Holding Company, passed away on Sunday in Palm Springs from a heart attack. He was 69.

Gurly formed the group with Peter Albin and Chet Helms in 1965 and, a year later, they were joined by lead singer Janis Joplin. Big Brother stayed together after Joplin left the group in 1969 but broke up three years later. Gurley was part of the reformed version of the group from 1987 to 1996.

=======================

Six Feet Under Reveals New Album, "Graveyard Classics 3," Cover Art


Tampa, FL groove death metal Six Feet Under has revealed the cover art for their 3rd installment of the band's cover series, "Graveyard Classics 3," due out on Metal Blade Records on January 15th/18th 2010. "Graveyard Classics 3" was recorded at D.O.I. Digital Audio in Tampa, FL, was mixed at Audiohammer Studios by Mark Lewis, and was produced by Chris Barnes.

No comments: