from our friends at Relapse
Ringworm - Hammer of the Witch LP
*Black/White Merge* LTD to 300 M/O Exclusive 3/18/14
Cleveland’s legendary kings of metallic hardcore return with their Relapse debut ‘Hammer Of The Witch’. 13 songs of fire-y rage propelled by lead vocalist Human Furnace’s wrathful fury, this is a record sure to satisfy metalheads and hardcore kids alike. Riffs and grooves collide on songs like ‘Psychic Vampires’ and ‘Bleed’ creating some of the most vicious hooks to get stuck in your brain in a long, long time. ‘Hammer Of The Witch’ might just be the finest moment in Ringworm’s 20+ year career.
***Mailorder exclusive black/white merge LP limited to 300. Housed in an embossed jacket with a 16”x24” poster. Includes a digital download of the entire album.***
- First Press
- 1200 x Black Standard Gram
- 300 x Black/White Merge Standard Gram *Mailorder Exclusive*
- 100 x Clear (do not request clear)
from our friends at ShopRadioCast
The Juliana Theory - Love (2xLP)
First ever vinyl pressing of The Juliana Theory's third album, Love. Mastered for vinyl at 96 kHz/24-bit from 1/2 inch analog tape and features two bonus tracks.
- Mastered for vinyl at 96 kHz/24-bit from 1/2 inch analog tape by the famous Stan Ricker
- Gatefold jacket, 11 x 22 Insert
- Pressed on 180 Gram audiophile vinyl
- Available on vinyl for the first time
Pre-Order at ShopRadioCast
thirdmanrecords, jack white just keeps churning out quality vinyl
The Haden Triplets - The Haden Triplets
Third Man Records is proud to present the debut album from The Haden Triplets, daughters of Jazz bass legend Charlie Haden. These are songs steeped in history and sung in a close harmony that could only be achieved from sharing a lifetime of sisterly togetherness and a near psychic vocal interplay that can only come from being born mere seconds apart from each other. It's been rendered and produced beautifully by American music legend Ry Cooder. This is an album expanding on an American musical tradition. It is not pastiche or a tribute, but rather a direct antecedent and extension of the original folk legacy that is being exhibited within these songs.
*PRE-ORDER* Please note that ALL items included with this order will not ship until the on sale date of Tuesday February 04.
Pre-Order at ThirdManRecords
David Bowie Rebel Rebel 40th Anniversary Picture Disc Coming In March
Rebel Rebel is the next release in the continuing run of David Bowie limited edition 40th anniversary 7” picture discs.
The record will be the seventh in the series, due to be issued by Parlophone on March 10th, with the usual regional variations.
Originally released on February 15th 1974, Rebel Rebel was a first taste from the upcoming Diamond Dogs LP, though it was considered a bit of a curveball compared to much of the music on that album.
It was the first release since the dissolution of The Spiders From Mars, though stylistically it may have been more at home on Aladdin Sane, with its up-tempo, Stones feel and with an unmistakable and instantly recognisable riff played by Bowie. A riff that he was more than grateful to have conjured up, later saying of it: “It's a fabulous riff! Just fabulous! When I stumbled onto it, it was 'Oh, thank you!'”.
The track reached #5 on the UK singles chart and even managed a placing in the US Billboard Hot 100, no doubt helped by the US version of the single released in the US, Canada and Mexico in May of the same year.
The A-side of the 40th anniversary edition features the original single mix of Rebel Rebel, which hasn't been available on 7" since the early 80's and sadly remains unavailable on CD to this day.
The AA-side has the aforementioned US Version, which is a remixed edit of the song with overdubs and extra backing vocals, more akin to the version Bowie would play on the North American Diamond Dogs Tour that year.
The photographs on the disc were taken of Bowie while in Amsterdam promoting the single and recording the Rebel Rebel video for the Dutch Top Pop television show in February 1974.
Amazon Top 10 Best Selling Vinyl Records - January 14, 2014
1. After the Disco ~ Broken Bells
2. Reflektor ~ Arcade Fire
3. Give The People What They Want ~ Sharon Jones & the Dap-Kings
4. Warpaint (2xLP) ~ Warpaint
5. Pure Heroine ~ Lorde
6. Live At The Cellar Door (180 Gram Vinyl) ~ Neil Young
7. Wig Out at Jagbags ~ Stephen Malkmus & The Jicks
8. Acoustic at the Ryman ~ Band of Horses
9. B-Sides (LP+MP3) ~ Gaslight Anthem
10. Post Tropical ~ James Vincent McMorrow
Amazon Top 10 Best Selling Music - January 14, 2014
1. High Hopes (CD/ DVD) - Bruce Springsteen
2. Frozen - Demi Lovato3.
3. The River & The Thread - Rosanne Cash
4. Kidz Bop 25 - Kidz Bop Kids
5. Inside Llewyn Davis: Original Soundtrack Recording - T Bone Burnett
6. Foreverly - Billie Joe + Norah …
7. Lucinda Williams - Lucinda Williams
8. Pure Heroine - Lorde
9. That Girl - Jennifer Nettles
10. Live At The Cellar Door - Neil Young
Vital Vinyl: Heaven and Earth Talk ‘Dig’ Double-LP
Poster Artist Gary Grimshaw Dead at 67
this out of the uk:
XFM named official partner of Record Store Day 2014
for shits and giggles:
Insurance.com recently surveyed 2,000 licensed drivers 18 and older split evenly between men and women; respondents were allowed to choose up to five songs in each category. No word what the categories were, but classic rock seemed to be one of them
Insurance.com Best Car Music - Top 10
1. “Don't Stop Believin”' - Journey
2. “Bohemian Rhapsody” - Queen
3. “You Shook Me All Night Long” - AC/DC
4. “Any Way You Want It” - Journey
5. “Life is a Highway” - Tom Cochrane
6. “Dancing Queen” - ABBA
7. “American Girl” - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
8. “Don't Stop Till You Get Enough” - Michael Jackson
9. “Born To Run” - Bruce Springsteen
10. “Fortunate Son” - Creedence Clearwater Revival