from our friends at SoundStageDirect
Amputechture by The Mars Volta
Amputechture is the third studio album by American progressive Rock band The Mars Volta, originally released in 2006. Produced by guitarist and songwriter Omar Rodriguez-Lopez and spearheaded by vocalist Cedric Bixler-Zavala, the album marks the final appearance of drummer Jon Theodore, and is the first studio album to feature guitarist and sound manipulator Paul Hinojos, formerly of At The Drive-In and Sparta. The album also features Red Hot Chili Peppers’ John Frusciante on rhythm and lead guitars, whose presence leaves Rodriguez-Lopez open for more intricate work on production, which resulted in a heavy and dynamic record.
The Mars Volta remain continual contenders for the mantle of most experimental high-profile metal groups. They push the boundaries of extreme production, like with their long periods of dynamics that rise ever higher, followed by an explosion of release. Amputechture is a near-legendary release by one of the most intriguing bands in Rock.
The first 3000 copies are hand numbered and are pressed on gold/red vinyl. As a special bonus we’ve included a custom-made poster by band art designer Jared Connor, who has designed many concert posters for The Mars Volta.
Order at SoundStageDirect
Baying At The Moon by Aerosmith
This high energy show is from Aerosmith's 1978 national tour in support of their 5th album - "Draw the Line". It was broadcast live-as-it-happened on Boston's local FM station WBCN. As you would expect in the band's hometown, The Music Hall was completely sold out for this gig and the crowd was really pumped, resulting in what is regarded as the hottest performance from the boys during this outstanding tour.
Order at SoundStageDirect
Bosnian Rainbows by Bosnian Rainbows
Bosnian Rainbows is a new band featuring Omar Rodriguez Lopez (The Mars Volta, At the Drive-In), Teri Gender Bender (Le Butcherettes), Nicci Kasper (Kudu, KRS-ONE) and Deantoni Parks (John Cale, The Mars Volta).
Since forming in the Summer of 2012, they have toured extensively in North America, Europe, Russia, Australia, New Zealand, and Japan. They made their U.S. festival debut at last September's Fun Fun Fun Fest, and appeared at Festival Vive Latino at Mexico City's Foro Sol Stadium in March 2013.
Order at SoundStageDirect
This Week's Bestselling Vinyl Records at SoundStageDirect
1. Death Grips - No Love Deep Web
2. Widespread Panic - Space Wrangler (Pre-Order)
3. Widespread Panic - Widespread Panic (Pre-Order)
4. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
5. The Beatles Mono Box Set (Pre-Order)
6. MFSL Original Master Record Sleeves (50)
7. Miles Davis - Bitches Brew
8. Bob Marley - Legend - 30th Anniversary Edition
9. Led Zeppelin III
10. Led Zeppelin I
Death From Above 1979 The Physical World Vinyl Pre Order
Toronto duo Death From Above 1979 have shared more details regarding their comeback album The Physical World.
The LP features a total of 11 songs, all of which were produced by D. Sardy. Like all of the duo's releases, this one features the band members reimagined as cartoon elephants. This time, however, their faces are laid out in front of a hazy skyline.
THIS IS AN EXCLUSIVE PRE ORDER. ANY AND ALL ITEMS PURCHASED ALONG WITH THIS BUNDLE WILL BE MAILED ON OR BEFORE SEPTEMBER 9TH, 2014.
BONUS! Receive an instant digital download of "Trainwreck 1979" upon purchase!
Minus The Bear - Plant of Ice
Following the success of Highly Refined Pirates' forward-thinking guitar gymnastics and Menos El Oso's groundbreaking glitch rock, Seattle's premier pop revisionists Minus The Bear dug into some of rock music's most ostentatious years for inspiration for their 2007 album, Planet of Ice. The title alone conjures images of Yes's Relayer album art, and the influence of the elder statesmen's symphonic scope can be felt throughout Planet of Ice's lush and intricate arrangements. You can also hear the band channel the ominous instrumental interplay of Lamb-era Genesis on "Dr. L'Ling", the deceptively savvy musicianship and pristine production of Steely Dan on "White Mystery", and the tightrope walk between ethereal space and pre-metal riffage of Pink Floyd's "Echoes" on "Lotus". Not that Minus The Bear completely abandoned their earlier style?elements of Menos El Oso's sample-driven technique can be heard on the lead single "Knights". But the heart of the song ultimately belongs to the haunting Fripp-esque guitar lines spliced between verses. After being out of print on record since 2010, Suicide Squeeze is proud to reintroduce Planet of Ice's creative marriage of classic motifs and modern musical wizardry with a vinyl remaster courtesy of Bernie Grundman. This 2xLP is being pressed on three different colors: Purple (1K), Ice (1K), and standard 180 gram black (1K).
Vinyl Color: Purple (LTD 1,000)
Order at ShopRadioCast
Third Man Records Unveils White Stripes Live Album, New Dead Weather Single
Amazon's Top Ten Best Selling Music
1. CSNY 1974 (3 CD + DVD) ~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young
2. Redeemer of Souls (Deluxe Edition) ~ Judas Priest
3. Very Best of Frankie Valli and the Foor Seasons ~ Frankie Valli & Four Seasons
4. 1000 Forms of Fear ~ Sia
5. Mandatory Fun ~ Weird Al Yankovic
6. Frozen 2 Disc Deluxe Edition Soundtrack ~ Demi Lovato
7. Jersey Boys Music From The Motion Picture ~ Jersey Boys
8. In The Lonely Hour ~ Sam Smith
9. Kidz Bop 26 ~ Kidz Bop Kids
10. Remedy ~ Old Crow Medicine Show
BecauseSoundMatters Top 10 Vinyl Best Sellers
1. Mastodon - Once More ‘Round The Sun (Deluxe 2xLP)
2. Echosmith - Talking Dreams
3. Mastodon - Once More ‘Round The Sun (2xLP)
4. Alt-J - An Awesome Wave
5. The Orwells - Disgraceland
6. Mastodon - Blood Mountain
7. Wiz Khalifa - O.N.I.F.C. (2xLP)
8. Portugal. The Man - Evil Friends
9. Grouplove - Never Trust A Happy Song
10. The Flaming Lips - Fight Test (7")
GRIMEY'S BEST SELLERS 6/30 - 7/06, 2014
Vinyl Top 25:
1. Ryan Adams - Gimme Something Good 7"
2. Jack White - Lazaretto
3. Lana Del Rey - Ultraviolence
4. The War On Drugs - Lost In The Dream
5. Pink Floyd - The Division Bell
6. Every Time I Die - From Parts Unknown
7. Bob Marley & The Wailers - Legend: 30th Anniversary reissue
8. The Black Keys - Turn Blue
9. Levon Helm - Midnight Ramble Sessions Vol. 3
10. Phish - Fuego
11. Mastodon - Once More Round The Sun
12. Sam Smith - In The Lonely Hour
13. Arctic Monkeys - AM
14. Slint - Spiderland expanded reissue
15. Lee Morgan - Cornbread
16. Warren Zevon - Bad Luck Streak In Dancing School
17. Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin III
18. Madlib - Shades Of Blue: Madlib Invades Blue Note
19. Angel Olsen - Burn Your Fire For No Witness
20. St Paul & The Broken Bones - Half The City
21. Fleetwood Mac - Rumours
22. Future Islands - Singles
23. J Dilla - Donuts
24. Lana Del Rey - Born To Die
25. Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues
album cover art of the day:
War of Ages release video for “Chaos Theory” off upcoming album “Supreme Chaos”