Friday, August 22, 2008

Tim Barry Release



This from my vinyl friend Virgil over at http://www.vinylcollective.com/

A while back, I had posted mp3s from Tim’s live performance at Munford Elementary. I mentioned how rad I thought this session was and how I would love to release this as a single. The feedback from all of you was really strong so I asked Tim. Tim was uncertain about putting this out, but in the end, he decided to go for it. The really really cool thing about all of this is that the proceeds from the sale of this record and from the sales of the songs digitally will go to Munford Elementary’s music program. Here is how Tim explains it:

"This recording was never intended to be released. Ms, Kiesler asked me to play for her class and I agreed. Josh Small jumped on board soon after. I asked Dave Watkins to do an audio recording to give to the kids and teacher as a keepsake. A week later I uploaded the songs on my website and the response was impressive. I was offered the opportunity to release the songs and considered it for a couple weeks. My concern was that something as simple and fun as playing for kids could become a commodity. I settled on the fact that music is supposed to be shared, and that’s why I play it. With that said, feel good knowing that every single bit of “profit” from this release will go directly back into the classrooms at Mary Munford Elementary School. Thank you. -Tim Barry"

So this might end up being the only pressing of this record: 300 on White and 700 on brown. There is a test press contest and if you purchase a copy, you will be entered to win. Good luck. And thanks for your help in making this happen. I am so stoked to release this.

Expect copies by Mid September.

No comments: